Monday 21 May 2012

Mary Katrantzou for Longchamp

Athens-born designer Mary Katrantzou has wowed the fashion world with her use of digital prints and inspiration of art in her work since 2008 when she launched her eponymous label. Her structured dresses and vibrant use of prints on blouses have ensured that the Central St Martins college graduate's designs are a must have for any interested in fashion.

Early this year Katrantzou released her Topshop s/s 2012 collaboration; Katrantzou has been supported by Topshop for the top 10 years as she emerged as a prominent designer. However, Katrantzou has also collaborated with another big company this year, french designer bag maker, Longchamp; Katrantzou for Topshop was amazing but I am even more in love with her collection for Longchamp.

I personally love Longchamp, and have some of their bags; the blank canvas of 'Le Pilage' means that you can take this bag every where. Le Pilage is one of the bags that Katrantzou has designed for Longchamp and this is my favourite....


The collection in general is based on the east meets west theme. Le Pilage range of bags feature floating orchids and lanterns as the main print; the other design features both an Asian temple and New York Carnegie Hall as starting points for the print. The great thing about the Katrantzou collection for Longchamp means that you can indulge in Katrantzou's signature printed look without having to commit to a fully printed look from head to toe, you can just accessorize with the bag.

The bag was released earlier this year but I have been obsessed with it for the past month and I have been dropping hints to my boyfriend to go buy it for me, I have even sent him the online link to it on Selfridges. So far this has failed so come the end of my second year exams on friday I may pop down to Selfridges on Oxford Street or to the Longchamp store on New Bond Street and treat myself to this bag. This would be a hard earned present for myself for sticking with revision and my 5 history exams that I have had to do - the perfect excuse to buy a bag from the Katrantzou Longchamp collection


B.

No comments:

Post a Comment